Call for Papers
MEDIA AND CULTURE INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM
Call for Papers
Culture is reproduced through media as one of the most important factors in shaping and transforming individual and social relations. In the digital age, new media practices have become the determining factor of cultural transformation. As a result of the developments in communication technologies, the sharp distinction between readers and media has disappeared, and the interaction of different cultural geographies has increased.
The symposium, which will be held for the first time this year, aims to open up a discussion the relationship between media and culture that gains continuity in the digital communication environment, within an interdisciplinary framework. Understanding the different aspects of this interaction requires a continuous research tradition, where the interaction of the media with cultural spaces is increasing day by day in today's world.
We are pleased to invite researchers working in the field of communication, media and culture to the "Media and Culture International Symposium" on 5-6 December 2022, will be organized by the Department of Journalism of Ege University, hosted by Faculty of Communication.
The research themes of the "International Symposium on Media and Culture", which will be held online this year, are as follows:
• Media, Culture and Communication
• Media, Culture and Journalism
• Media, Culture and Digitalization
• Media and Consumption Culture
• Media and Popular Culture
• Media and Game Culture
• Social Media and Culture
• Media and Cultural Memory
• Media, Culture and Language
• Media, Culture and Economy
• Media, Culture and Advertising
• Media and Political Culture
• Media and Tourism
• Media and Gastronomy
• Media, Culture and Art
• Media, Culture and Education
• Media, Culture and Sociology
• Media, Culture and Sports
• Media, Culture and Environment
• Media, Culture and Technology
• Media, Culture and Fashion
Abstract submission will start on 1 June 2022 and will continue until 18 July 2022.